|2012 Chinese Government Scholarship Program Open for Applicants|
Based on bilateral agreements between the governments of the
Criteria and Eligibility
1. Applicants must be citizens of
2. Education background and age limit:
- Applicants for undergraduate program must have senior high school diploma with good academic performance and be under the age of 25.
- Applicants for master's degree program must have bachelor's degree and be under the age of 35.
- Applicants for doctoral degree program must have master's degree and be under the age of 40.
- Applicants for Chinese training program must have senior high school diploma and be under the age of 35, Chinese language is the only subject available.
- Applicants for general scholar program must have completed at least two years of undergraduate study and be under the age of 45, all subjects besides Chinese language are available.
- Applicants for senior scholar program must have master's degree or above, or hold academic titles of associate professor or above, and be under the age of 50.
1. Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship (filled in Chinese or English)
CSC Online Application System for Study in
You could register and fill in the application form online. After submission of the form, you can download your application form from the system, and sign it and submit it together with the following documents to the Chinese Embassy.
NOTE: the "AGENCY NO." in the online application form shall be filled as 5481 for ni-Vanuatu students and scholars.
Those who cannot apply online could also get the application form from the Chinese Embassy.
2. Highest diploma (notarized photocopy): If the applicant is studying in a university/ college at the moment, he/she shall also provide notarized proof of studying from the school. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
3. Academic transcripts/grades (notarized photocopy): Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
4. A study or research plan. All applicants are required to submit a study plan regarding their proposed field of study and intended career, as well as reasons to study in
5. Recommendation letters: Applicants for postgraduate studies, or senior scholars must submit two letters of recommendation in Chinese or English from professors or associate professors. Applicants who apply in
6. Applicants under the age of 18 should have legal guardians in
7. Certificate of
8. Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form (The original copy should be kept by the applicant. The form printed by Chinese quarantine authority could be downloaded from http://www.csc.edu.cn or obtained from the Chinese Embassy). The medical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid. Please select the appropriate time to take medical examination as it is valid for only 6 months.
Benefits of Chinese Government Scholarship
- Exempt from registration fee, tuition fee, fee for laboratory experiment, fee for internship, fee for basic learning materials; and accommodation fee for dormitory on campus;
- Living allowance (Undergraduate or Chinese language students: CNY1,400 Yuan; Master's degree students or general scholars: CNY 1,700 Yuan; Doctoral degree students or senior scholars CNY 2,000 Yuan);
- One-off settlement subsidy after registration for new students (CNY 1,000 Yuan for students who will study in
- Fee for outpatient medical service, Comprehensive Medical Insurance and Protection Program for International Students in
- One-off inter-city travel subsidy (from point of entry in
1. All undergraduate programs are conducted in Chinese language. And within the program, students who do not have a certain Chinese language skill are mandatory to study Chinese for one or two years in
2. International airfares between
3. Information about
Please refer to the Appendix below for details of the Chinese Government Scholarship Program, application form, Foreigner Physical Examination Form.
Tel: 00678 23598